One of the 100 Best Wines Worldwide
In Santorini - the Cycladic Island of a "dramatic beauty" & history - the Karamolegos family produces its famous wines from its privately owned vineyards, since 1995.
The winery, located in the region of Exo Gonia - about 2 km from Hermes Hotel – uses the island's tradition on wine making combined with "cutting-edge" technology, that ensures constant and high quality.
The indigenous grapes Assyrtico, Aidani, Athiri & Mavrotragano are carefully vinified under the latest wine making methods, in controlled limited production.
The unique Mediterranean microclimate & the volcanic calcareous terroir of the island have been harmoniously combined with the local grape varieties - struggling for survival in such a "hostile" environment for centuries - and constitute the determinant that distinguishes its wines amongst the greatest in the world.
Today, we are proud to present:
- the refreshing & crispy Santorini Assyrtiko
- the barrel fermented, Barrel Aged Assyrtiko
- the Vinsanto - glorious expression of the wine making culture & tradition of the island - from selected sundried grapes, patiently matured for 72 months in small oak barrels
- the Mavrotragano which is characterised from it's deep red colour
- the new range of the Terranera wines: White, Rose & Red.
You can enjoy our wines combined with local tastes, in our tasting room.
View Karamolegos Winery Santorini in a larger map